- Select rental unit.
- Call or email RPM Office an inquiry about the rental unit.
- The RPM Office will perform a preliminary background screen using Wisconsin Circuit CourtAccess and the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry. This will occur prior to any appointment for showing is scheduled.
a. The sex offender registry and persons registered with the registry are found by contacting the Wisconsin Department of Corrections on the Internet at widocoffenders.org or by phone at (877) 234-0085.
- To schedule a showing of any rental unit, applicants must have a combined income of at least three (3) times the amount of monthly rent.
- If preliminary background screening is satisfactory RPM Office will schedule a showing of the rental unit.
- Applications are available at the showing or on the website. The application form contains the rental agreement documents for applicant’s review.
- Complete the application via the form or online. ($18.00 Non-Refundable Credit Check Fee required per applicant. Payment required before processing of application. Cash or Credit/Debit only. Go to rulepropertymanagement.com/payments.)
- The information on the application can take one (1) to three (3) business days to be verified.
- Security deposits equal monthly rent per unit (additional deposit may be required per the screening criteria below).
- Once an application has been approved, applicants are required to sign the rental agreement within 48 hours of notice to hold the unit. Otherwise, the rental unit will continue to be marketed.
- A move in appointment will be scheduled after all screening criteria are met and rental agreement is signed.
- RPM Representative will meet resident at the rental unit on the scheduled day to finalize documents and do the walk through.
General Requirement Criteria
- Valid, government issued photo identification
- A complete and accurate application listing the current and at least one previous rental reference with phone numbers is required.
- Each adult applicant will be required to qualify individually.
- Applicants must be able to enter into a legal and binding contract.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- Any applicant who has a prior felony drug conviction will be denied.
- Any applicant who has been convicted as a sexual offender will be denied.
- An application insufficient in credit and rental requirements will require a co-signer or additional security deposit
A. In order to qualify as a co-signer, you must have a minimum monthly income of four (4) times the stated rent and sufficient credit references
B. An application insufficient in credit and rental requirements may require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent. This is over and above any other security deposit or additional refundable pet security deposit that may be required.
- The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
- Applications that far exceed minimum requirements in individual categories but fail to meet minimum requirements in another shall be reviewed and possibly reconsidered if explainable circumstances warrant.
- If decisions are being made about rental of any of our units in the winter months of October through March, RPM Managers have discretion in making exceptions to any part of this screening criteria. Managers are allowed the ability to manage.
- There is no smoking allowed in any of our rental units.
- Cats are allowed in upstairs apartments with a pet security deposit of $250.00 and the agreement to pay $25.00 a month per cat on the rent for a pet fee. Cats are allowed in any lower apartment or single family home with the same requirement.
- Dogs are not allowed in upstairs apartments. Dogs are allowed in any lower apartment or single family home with a pet security deposit of $500.00 and the agreement to pay $50.00 a month per dog on the rent for a pet fee.
- There is a limit of two (2) pets per home.
Income Requirement Criteria
- Applicants must provide us with the information needed to verify employment. Application will be denied if the legal source of income cannot be verified.
- Gross monthly household income must equal three (3) times the stated monthly rent. If monthly income does not equal three (3) times the stated monthly rent, a qualified co-signer will be required and/or an additional security deposit equal to a full month’s rent will be required.
- Applicants will need to provide a current paycheck stub from current employer. Verifiable income or liquid assets equal to three (3) times the total monthly rent will be required for unemployed applicants. (Verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to: bank accounts, spousal support/child support, trust accounts, social security, unemployment, welfare, grants/loans.) Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through copies of the previous years’ tax return.
- Housing applicants must be approved for the rental unit and the amount of rent prior to occupying the unit.
Rental Requirement Criteria
- Applicant may need to have 1 year of verifiable rental history or mortgage history from a current third party landlord.
- Home ownership is verified through the city assessor. Mortgage payments must be current, mortgages reflecting a past due balance will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent.
- Rental history must not contain evictions for a period of ten (10) years as of the date of the application. If rental history contains evictions or judgments for money from prior landlords, they must be either satisfied or in the process of satisfaction. Verification of this will be required.
- Rental history reflecting past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- If a current or previous landlord gives a negative reference the application will be denied.
- If current or previous landlord indicates that an applicant has not given proper notice the application will be denied.
- Rental history demonstrating mistreatment of the property or other complaints will result in a denial when a landlord reports that they would not re-rent to an applicant.
Credit Requirement Criteria
- A credit history showing judgments from landlords will result in a denial of the application unless the applicant can prove a payment arrangement or satisfaction of these judgments.
- A credit history without significant amounts of delinquent accounts is required. We do not generally consider medical bills when we consider credit reports for prospective tenants.
- Collections from utility companies will result in a denial of the application unless the applicant can prove a payment arrangement or satisfaction of the past due amounts.
Criminal Conviction Criteria
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea in the last ten (10) years for any felony drug crime will be grounds for denial of the rental application.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea ever for sex crimes and/or child sex crimes will be grounds for denial of the rental application.
Note: The above rules are subject to all applicable governmental rules and regulations and shall be interpreted and modified only as necessary to comply fully therewith.